IDALSA is a benchmark in terms of social responsibility, an example of green industry and is highly committed to caring for the environment. It has therefore developed a strategy focused on the research and development of new solutions that contribute to global sustainability.
This strategy is designed to optimise and develop new processes and achieve greater efficiency in recycling, reduce atmosphere CO2 emissions, minimise salt slag waste and reduce costs.
IDALSA has included oxy-combustion technology in the burners of its melting furnaces since 1998. This combustion system is defined as B.A.T. (Best Available Technique, in terms of CO2 emissions, according to European Union guidelines) due to the significant reduction in energy consumption.
IDALSA has developed a pre-treatment for the recovered raw material in order to reduce the contribution of fluxing salts and to reduce the proportion of residual salt slag. This process results in a high-quality product with less pollution. This technique has also been considered as B.A.T. (best available technique, as far as CO2 emissions are concerned, according to European Union guidelines).
IDALSA has modernised its slag treatment facility, including new separation methods that lead to reductions in fluxes and salt slag and has expanded its dust collection facilities. At IDALSA, the sub-processes of chopping, grinding, screening, mechanical and electromagnetic separation allow us to achieve improvement objectives in the process of separating and reusing aluminium.
TILTING ROTARY FURNACES
IDALSA uses the latest technology tilting rotary furnaces, specially designed to recycle aluminium scrap and by-products using minimum quantities of fluxing salts. In addition, new mixtures of fluxing salts are used, which reduce the amount of chlorides to be introduced for each kilogram of impurities contained in the scrap and by-products to be melted, thus reducing salt slags.
All the investments that IDALSA has made since 1998 and continues to make are aimed at improving processes and implementing waste treatment and minimisation techniques, significantly improving sustainability and reducing emissions in all its processes. These techniques have been reported and verified by different public bodies and entities (CDTI, Regional Ministries of Industry and Environment of the Government of Aragon, PROFIT, European Commission, etc.).
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Ibérica de Aleaciones Ligeras S.L.U. (IDALSA) is a family company whose mission is to provide high quality products and services in the field of aluminium recycling.
It is the policy of IDALSA’s Management to establish and maintain a Quality Management System, based on the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard, which ensures that the products offered by the company meet the quality expectations of its customers and its own. IDALSA has been ISO 9001 certified since 1997.
QUALITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Ibérica de Aleaciones Ligeras S.L.U (IDALSA) is a company whose mission is to provide high quality products and services in the recycle of aluminium and its alloys.
IDALSA has been manufacturing aluminium ingots in different formats and chemical compositions since 1984. Since then, the company has grown constantly, taking into account at all times the needs of a continuously evolving market and the legal requirements and other applicable requirements related to the environment, energy efficiency, and the use and consumption of energy, for the proper development of industrial activity, taking into account at all times a product life cycle perspective, from the acquisition of raw materials to their transport to the final sale.
Aware of the impact and growing importance of environmental care and energy efficiency at all levels, including the social and economic levels, we want to continue to be a benchmark in terms of social responsibility and, therefore, we are strongly committed to research and innovation in the search for solutions that contribute to global sustainability.
Our recycling activity is carried out under all the control, quality and monitoring parameters necessary to guarantee and safeguard environmental conditions through the correct management of waste, and by providing a working framework that establishes energy objectives and targets, as well as their continuous review. To this end, IDALSA is committed to guaranteeing the availability of the information and resources necessary to achieve the established energy and environmental objectives and targets.
On the other hand, at IDALSA we understand Quality as: “The search for excellence through continuous effort, in all areas of the Company and by all its staff, to understand and satisfy customer expectations”, which is another of our main values.
Along the same line, from now on, IDALSA’s management is committed to implementing, documenting and updating an Integrated Management System (IMS) that includes Quality, Environment and Energy.
In this context, the Integrated Management System Policy is based on the following values:
- Establish and keep up to date an Integrated Management System (IMS), based on the requirements established in the applicable legal provisions, in the ISO standards UNE-EN-ISO 9001:2015, UNE-EN-ISO 14001:2015 and UNE-EN-ISO 50001:2018, as well as other applicable requirements. Such an IMS shall ensure:
- That the products offered by the company meet the quality expectations of customers and our own requirements.
- That our activity is carried out with respect for the environment, the prevention of pollution, the sustainable use of resources, the use and consumption of energy and the appropriate management of waste.
- Commitment to continuous improvement, innovation and research as an indispensable part of the future development of the activity in terms of excellence and environmental, energy and EnMS performance.
- Support the acquisition of energy efficient products and services that have an impact on energy performance.
- Support design activities that consider energy performance improvement.
- Define and meet all environmental, quality and energy efficiency objectives, targets and programmes.
- Communicate, disseminate and implement this policy and the rest of the procedures of this System within our organization.
- Keep this Policy available and documented at all times.
- Keep this Policy available to any interested party.
- Periodically review and update this Policy as necessary.